National Informatics Centre
NIC, Bargarh, a unit of this premier IT Organization was established in 1997 with an aim to provide IT consultancy to the administration of newly formed BARAGARH District and spread an IT culture. The initial task was to generate computer awareness among the local Govt. Officials, encourage them. Since then NIC, Bargarh has come a long way. Today it has strived hand with the District Administration in providing reliable IT Consultancy, IT Solution and Effective informatics support, and proved itself as a major force to the administration. NIC, Bargarh is not only providing IT Support but also involved in implementation of National Level and State Level Computerization Projects in the District. In order to further promote Information Technology in the District, focusing on INTERNET Technology and value-added services in the area of Industry, Business and Commerce, it is provided with INTERNET Technology based services over NICNET through Leased Line. NIC, Bargarh is now situated at Collectorate, Bargarh.
- Information and Communication Technology(ICT) infrastructure development.
- Central level and State level e-Governance Project/Product implementation at District level..
- Technical advisor to District Administration in the field of Information Technology.
- Research and Development and capacity building in the field Information Technology .
Works and involved departments:
- Revenue and Disaster Management – Bhulekh, Bhunaksha, online LRMS, Land acquisition, Revenue Court Case Management System, Court Case Management System, 25-Point parameter and DWIST.
- Legal Section : Arms Licence (NDAL-ALIS)
- Welfare Section : Old Age Pension/Widow Pension/Disability Pension
- District Court : e-Court
- Emergency Section : Rain Fall monitoring system
- Education : Teacher-Student helpline
- Police Department : Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System
- District Consumer Forum : CONFONET
- Women and Child Development Section : CDPO-MPR
- Election Section : Works related to Election process Computerisation, EROnet
- Agriculture Department : AGRISNET
- Animal Husbandry : National Animal Disease Reporting System
- Digital India – Digital Locker
- Welfare Section : Minority student scholarship – Prerna
- Chief Minister’s Grievance Redressal Cell – e-Abhijog
- Provisioning of Internet connection to different sections
- Local Area Network setup and maintainance
- State Level and Central level video conferencing Studio facility
- Development of Geo-portal of the District ad its maintainance
- District Web Site development and maintainance
- Advisor to District Administration in the field of Information Technology
- Providing training for different Govt. employees in user departments for capacity building
- Technical member for recruitment of employees
- Shri Rajendra Kumar Pradhan [ 08-03-1997 to 14-01-2008 ]
- Shri Guna Sekhar Netheti [ 14-1-2008 to 13-09-2011 ]
- Shri Raja Ram Mohan Majhi [ 13-09-2011 to till cont… ]