ONE DISTRICT ONE PRODUCT(ODOP)
ONE DISTRICT ONE PRODUCT
The weavers of Bargarh district are producing sarees, Bedsheet, Dress materials, Napkins, Lungi, furnishing itemsetc by using mostly cotton yarn ranging from 2/80’s to 2/120’s mercerised yarn and very little use of silk yarn.
The following ongoing schemes are being implemented by Govt. of Odisha through Deputy Director of Textiles, Bargarh for the Socio economic development of weavers of Bargarh district.
- Distribution of Looms, Accessories, Dobby,Sizing kit, Wefting Machine etc under the Component of Technological Intervention under Promotion of Handloom Industries Scheme.
- Concretization of Loom pit under Promotion of Handloom Industries Scheme (POHI).
- Skill Up gradation training Programme and Exposure visit to different handloom cluster both inside and outside state under POHI.
- Work shed Cum Housing under POHI.
- Mukhya Mantri Bayana Jyoti Yayona (MBJY).
- Barista BunakarSahayata Yojana (BBSY).
- Bunakar Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation(BALIA).
There are 48 nos of primary weavers co-operative society functioning in the Bargarh district for providing employment to more than 38,000of weavers familywhich includes Sambalpuri Bastralaya Handloom Co-operative Society Ltd, Bargarh which is the largest primary weavers co-operative society of the State functioning since 1954 in the state of Odisha under Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Department.
SAMBALPURI BASTRALAYA HLCS LTD.BARGARH
- It is a Production-cum-marketing unit having its turn-over about Rs.64.00 crore per annum. The society provides raw-materials to its weaver members and collect the finished goods by paying fair conversion charges to them and market their products in its own sales outlets as well as through agents and by participating in Various Expos, and Exhibitions inside and outside the state to generate funds for providing regular employment to the poor weavers of this region as well as to the weavers of the Eastern part of the state of Odisha through the affiliated W.C.S. and also to provide technical knowhow to them for their socio-economic development. The society has a Dyeing unit of its own at Bargarh having capacity of 200 bdls per day to meet the requirement of the production branches for production. The production ranges of the society cover production of tie & dye design sarees, dhotis, Lungies, Napkins, Bed-covers, furnishing materials, dress materials and so on of cotton yarn, mercerized yarn, silk yarn and tassar yarn. The range of production is more than 3000 varieties.
Details of Nodal Officers-
Name- Sri Sisir Kumar Nag
Designation- Deputy Director of Textiles,Bargarh
Cum Managing Director, Sambalpuri Bastralaya HLCS Ltd.Bargarh
Support Desk for ODOP-
Contact Number- 06646-233161
List of Activities being undertaken by district administration under ODOP initiative-
- Design Development
- Tech. Upgradation
- Infrastructure Development
- Health Camp
- Eye Camp
- Financial Support
Details of Quality assurance lab and Processing Unit-
- The Sambalpuri Bastralaya HLCS Ltd.Bargarh has a Dyeing unit of its own at Bargarh, which grey yarn about 200 bundles has been dyed to meet the requirement of the production branches for production. The colour used in the fabrics are AZO free and having fastness in rubbing and bleaching.The Dyeing unit have following Machineries:-
- Cabinet Hank Dyeing Machine
- Hydro extractor
- Manual Scouring Tank
- Drying Chamber
- There is also a Textile Testing lab established at premises of Dyeing unit to ensure the right quality of the items like yarn, fabric, garments etc. Yarn count, composition, twist factor etc. are tested and maintained to a standard limit for the yarn manufacturing plan. The test facilities available are given below-:-
- Lea&Yarn Count Test
- Tensile Strength Test for measuring CSP
- Yarn Evenness
- Rubbing Fastness
- Washing Fastness
- Light Fastness
- Sample Dyeing
- Twist Test
- Details of Department providing institutional support to beneficiaries availing support under ODOP initiative-
- Deputy Director of Textiles, Bargarh
- Sambalpuri Bastralaya HLCS ltd. Bargarh
- EDII through its cluster activities.
- KPMG through SIDBI Cluster.
Mentorship Support Available With Clearly Laid Out Procedures To Avail The Same
- For any kind of mentorship support you can directly contact our mentors or Nodal Officers.
Funding Support available with clearly laid out procedures to avail the same
- All the eligible Handlooms weavers and ancillary workers to avail a cash credit loan up to Rs 50,000/- from SDCC Bank with interest subvention under the Scheme of Bunakar Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation(BALIA)
|Sl No||Block||Village||Post office||Name of Master Weaver|